Dr Biswa Mohan Biswal commenced his practice in KPJ Ipoh Specialist Hospital since 1st July 2014. Before this appointment he was working as a consultant clinical oncologist (Radiotherapy & Chemotherapy) and professor & head of the department of radiotherapy & oncology at Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia (1998-2014). Earlier he served as a junior resident, senior resident, and senior research associate in Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital of All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (1988-1997). He also obtained special experience from Christie hospital Manchester and Prince of Wales Hospital Sydney in brachytherapy and radiosurgery respectively. He is an expert in the field of Clinical Oncology for the management of solid cancers. He has special skill in the management of breast cancer, sarcoma, interstitial brachytherapy, radiosurgery and precision radiotherapy (3 dimensional conformal radiotherapy, intensity modulated radiotherapy & IGRT). He is a an active International member of American Society of Medical Oncology, American Society of Radiation Oncology, European Society of Medical Oncology and Exco member of Malaysian Oncological Society. Dr Biswa is a reviewers of numerous International journals and advisors to various committees. He received numerous awards and honours for his contribution in the field of cancer research.
1.Biswal BM, Mohanti BK, Rath GK, Kumar L, Kriplani A, Ganesh T, Takkar D and Kumar S. Results of Radical Radiotherapy in Carcinoma of the Uterine Cervix Stage I-III. Clinical Oncology 1994; 6:356-360.
2 .Kumar L, Kaushal R, Nandy M, Biswal BM, Kumar S, Kriplani A, Singh R, Rath GK and Kochupillai V. Chemotherapy followed by Radiotherapy versus Radiotherapy alone in locally advanced cervical cancer. A Randomized Study. Gynecologic Oncology 1994; 54:307-315.
3. Biswal BM, Bal CS, Sandhu MS, Padhy AK and Rath GK. Management of intracranial metastasis in differentiated carcinoma thyroid. Journal of Neuro-Oncology 1994; 22:77-81
4. Biswal BM, Sandhu M,Mohanti BK,Rath GK. Carcinoma of the uterine cervix presenting as superior vena cava syndrome. Report of three cases and review of literature. Journal of Obstretics and Gynecology 1995; 21:437-442
5. Biswal BM,Lal P,Rath GK, Shukla NK, Mohanti BK, Deo SV. Intrarectal Formalin Application: an effective treatment in grade-III hemorrhagic Radiation Proctitis. Radiotherapy and Oncology 1995; 35:312-315.
6. Biswal BM,Lal P, Rath GK, Mohanti BK. Hemostatic Radiotherapy in carcinoma of the Uterine Cervix. International Journal of Gynaecology & Obstretics 1995; 50:281-285.
7.Mohanti BK, Swami K, Ganesh T, Lal P, Biswal BM, Joshi RC, D'Souza H, Rath GK. Iridium-192 interstitial brachytherapy in carcinoma of the tongue: The importance of various tumor and physical parameters. Acta Oncologica 1997.;36:165-169.
8. Biswal BM, Sain AHM, Othman NH, Baba A. Adjuvant treatment in colorectal cancer. Experience from a referral centre in Eastern Peninsular Malaysia. Tropical Gastroenterology 2002;23:134-137.
9. Biswal BM, Zakaria A, N.M.Ahmad. Topical application of honey in the management of radiation mucositis. A Preliminary study. Supportive Care in Cancer 2003;11:242-248.
10.Voralu K, Norsa’adah B, Naing NN, Biswal BM,Prognostic factors of differentiated thyroid cancer patients in hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia, Singapore Medical Journal. 2006;47:688-692
11.Biswal BM, Ahmad NM, Hanafiah A et al.Preliminary study comparing 10-days CHART versus conventional radiotherapy in conjunction with HD brachytherapy in locally advanced cervical cancer,
International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology and Physics 2007:69:S118-S119.
12. Shariat M, Alias NAA, Biswal BM.Radiation effects on the intima-media thickness of the common carotid artery in post-radiotherapy patients with head and neck malignancy. Postgrad Med J 2008;84:609-612.
13 .Biswal BM, Idris N, Wan Z, Ismail W, Halim A. Peri-operative brachytherapy in soft-tissue sarcomas: Hospital USM experience. The Interment Journal of Oncology 2010; 7 (2). www.ispub.com
14. Biswal BM, Sulauman SA, Sulaiman HC, Zakaria H, Musa KI.. Effect of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) on the improvement of chemotherapy induced fatigue and quality of life in breast cancer patients Integrative Therapy in Cancer 2012 Nov 9 Published ahead of print 2013;12(4):312-322.
15. Faisham WI, Saaf AZM, Alsaigh LN, Imran MK, Biswal BM et al. Prognostic factors and survival rate of osteosarcoma: A single Institution study. Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology 2015;doi 10.1111/ajco.12346